After watching one of Marks latest videos, it got me thinking about some of my favorite video gaming memories. We're all getting older- a point driven home every time I notice the yellowing of the boxes on my older games.. and it suddenly dawned on me just how much gaming history I've actually lived through.
So.. anyway. The point is, we all have gaming moments that we hold dear.. Not necessarily because they relate to amazing games... sometimes it's the people, events or times that those memories are attached to..
Mine are (In no particular order):
- Mapping the town and dungeons in the early Bard's Tale games.. with my buddy Rob and eventually releasing a map editor called The Bard's Tailor.
- Seeing God of War for the first time and wondering how in the hell they got such visceral and fluid action out of a PS2.
- Playing endless rounds of Venture on the ColecoVision back in 1982 with my buddy Dave.
- Non-stop games of M.U.L.E. on the Commodore 64 back in the early 80's... Buying and releasing mules to screw over other players... hoarding Smithore. Ahh.. good times. :-)
- Playing Defender of the Crown all night long on the day my buddy Rob got his Amiga 1000. Totally blew me away.
- First exposure to Ultima- in this case it was Ultima 4.. and completely falling in love with the game.. actually all games 1 thru 5. I never cared for 6 and up because I hated the new Chris Roberts inspired Times of Lore style interface.
- Playing Parsec (one of the only good games I had) on my first computer- the TI-99/4A.
- Skyrim in general... but specifically, dragons in Skyrim... wow.
- Avenger on the C64... Don't know why this game sticks with me, but it was a fun little Gauntlet clone.
- Playing King's Quest: Quest for the Crown with my buddy on his IBM PC Jr. For some reason I remember being floored by the graphics... go figure. :-)
So what are your top 10 favorite gaming memories?