I was hesitant about reviewing yet another car mount, but I’m glad I did for the iOttie Easy One Touch 3 Car Mount. The build quality alone is enough to elevate it above most other car mounts, but it’s the wonderful configuration options that really set this apart.
The iOttie Easy One Touch 3 Car Mount comes in three pieces. The first is the mount base, which features a unique telescoping arm. The second is the smartphone cradle, which supports devices up to 3.5 inches wide (and nothing shorter than 2.3 inches), which, for reference purposes is more than enough for my oversized Apple iPhone 6 Plus in Rokform case. The third is the Dashboard Gel Pad, which allows you to mount this on your vehicle’s dashboard, even with today’s heavily textured surfaces.
Installation is simple:
- Connect the cradle to the ball joint on the mount base.
- Decide whether you’re going to dashboard (use the gel pad) or windshield mount. Either way, the connection is extraordinarily secure even before you pull down the lever to secure the mount (in fact, I repositioned the mount on my windshield once already and it was quite difficult to remove!).
- Pull down the lever to secure the mount.
- Tighten all knobs.
- Press the release bars on the cradle into the locking position.
- Press your smartphone against the “Easy One Touch Trigger,” which will automatically close the arms, securing your device. Adjust the bottom foot support as necessary.
You can then make any other adjustments you need, including the length of the telescoping arm. I really can’t imagine there wouldn’t be a way you wouldn’t be able adjust this to exactly how you want to see your smartphone. This is a definite recommendation if you’re in the market for a premium smartphone car mount.
Thanks to iOttie for the review unit.