Design of Things, a Milan-based design firm, has just introduced a stylish retro console on Kickstarter called Hitbit. Features of the all-in-one tabletop joystick include: HDMI, bluetooth, wi-fi, and a 2400 MIPS CPU.
Due to something of a language barrier, it’s a bit unclear exactly what’s on offer here, but it seems like this will likely be a Raspberry Pi-like or equivalent processor powered unit with possibly some pre-loaded emulators. You’ll almost certainly have to add your own games.
Whether the high asking price is ultimately worth it is up to you, but here are the full features they tout (text direct from the Kickstarter):
- Quality case in refined wood by Alpi.
- Last generation powerful mini computer (about 2400 MIPS) with no fan (you will not be hassled by noises).
- Expandable with USB or wi-fi: find a new exicting game and load it on Hitbit.
- 2 players mode with bluetooth: connect your favourite modern wireless controllers and play with your friends.
- HDMI digital output: connect it to your new TV without any adapter.
- Emulates different arcades and consoles machines, allowing you to virtually play thousands of old-school games.
- The joystick and the 8 play buttons (6 on top and 2 on the back) are configured to be used with most of the classic games.