Do You Really Need to Build Your Own Website?
Every business worth its name has a website. A website is a crucial marketing tool that serves as a shop that is always open, allowing your clients to check out your offering any time from any location. Websites also give credibility to the businesses or the organisations that own them. You need to have a good, user-friendly site that, in this era of mobile devices, is accessible from cell phones, to make some material impact. That is why you should engage professional web developers to help you build a fantastic site. Instead of worrying about where to find such professionals, you can check out angular experts for unrivaled services.
So, what are the options available to you if you need a new website or if you want to have a new website design? Well, you may engage the services of a web developer to do it for you, or you may opt to do it yourself by starting from scratch or by using some website-building tools. This article explores these two latter options to give you some insight as to which will work best for you.
Option 1 – Build a website from scratch
Many people have had some interaction with WordPress, one of the most popular website platforms for blogs, e-commerce sites, and portfolio websites. There are also other content management systems and platforms, which include Joomla and Drupal. The process of building a website using these tools may seem a bit difficult for newbies, but there are several excellent guides available to help you. Your web-building process starts by choosing any of the content management systems, then selecting and buying a domain if you don’t already have one. You also need to get a hosting account, where you will have your settings and website files. Lastly, you work on designing and constructing the website.
- Most of these tools are simple to use with tons of inbuilt features
- For beginners, they are very friendly and tutorials are easy to understand
- The platforms are great for starting sites that will expand greatly
- The site allows you to exhibit your appearance and personality exactly as you wish
- Time-consuming to build from scratch
- You may require features beyond your development expertise or design, leading to a delayed launch
- Hosting burden is on you, as the various components come separately in this model
Option 2 – Make use of a website builder tool
There are several website builder tools. Some common ones include companies such as Squarespace, Weebly, and Wix, among others. Regardless of your choice, all builders work pretty much the same way. You begin by setting up an account (either free or paid-for, depending on the features you intend to utilize), then choose a template depending on how you picture your site to look. You can then customize the design to give it a personalized look. This option provides you with a fast and efficient way to publish a website. Also, most website builders come with great inbuilt features or tools. However, you are constrained to what is available since you cannot download plugins or write any of your own code.
- Cheap and includes hosting, so no other cost
- Most of the major website builders have responsive websites and others have additional tools to promote your marketing efforts
- A good starting point for newbies and a great learning experience
- Easy and quick to set up a fully functional website
- Limited design flexibility
- Not meant for large websites
- Transferring files from another site to a website builder is cumbersome, as it has to be done manually
Building your site from scratch can be exciting but challenging, and in the end, it affords you the liberty and flexibility to do your own things. On the other hand, while using website builders is more constraining, it is simple and pretty fast. You should choose the option that best suits your needs.