Most Common iPhone Problems You’d Probably Want to Know How to Fix
When they came up with smartphones, there was a lot of hype and everyone wanted to own one. Nevertheless, no one thought that these gadgets would have some flaws, despite the numerous advantages they offer. But hey, let’s face it, no technology is perfect and iPhones are no exception. From time to time, you may experience some glitches on your iPhone and this may cause you some frustrations. One thing to note, however, is that not all iPhone problems require professional expertise. All that is required are some troubleshooting ideas to solve these problems.
Some problems involving battery replacement, fixing charging ports, and issues to do with the camera may require seeking cell phone repair services from a professional expert.
Here are the most common iPhone problems you’d probably want to know how to fix.
You keep losing your wifi connection
Well, this is a common problem that is not only associated with iPhones, but it is common in other phone models as well. If your WiFi keeps dropping out, there may be several causes for this. Some of the most common ones include:
- Software issues
- Wrong APN settings
- Router problems
How to fix
- Restart your iPhone and recheck your router then try reconnecting.
- If restarting your phone doesn’t help, then head to the settings>Wi-Fi and then select the network of your choice
- The other choice is to reset your router
One of the other most common problems iPhone users face is the phone coming to a halt! It’s overly irritating, especially if you are doing something important with your phone. When it comes to this, here’s what to do:
- Force the phone to restart. This will automatically shut down all the tasks. One thing you also need to know is that there are different types of iPhones.
- For iPhone 6, holding down the Home button will do the trick
If you recently lost all the data that your iPhone held, then fixing it won’t be an issue if you use an iCloud backup. Your iPhone may do this, especially at night when charging or when it’s locked. So, the best thing to do when this happens is to sync your iPhone to iCloud. If you are missing some of your most important files even on iCloud, then you may be out of luck.
iPhones are designed to alert you when they overheat. This usually happens when you leave your iPhone in the sun for too long. When your iPhone overheats, you’ll not be able to use it until it cools down. Let’s take a look at ways on how to cool it down.
- Remove the casing – This will expose the surface area of the phone to cooler temperatures.
- Turn off all background processes and tasks – This helps to reduce the workload on the processor.
- Check if the holes have dirt in them: most of these holes, especially the charging port and earphone holes also allow air in to help cool the phone.
If most of these problems persist, then it’s important to take your iPhone to an apple service store or alternatively send it back. It is wise to avoid the temptation of getting your iPhone fixed by a third party dealer. If you must, opt for an authorized iPhone dealer.