The video games industry is growing fast. More and more online resources, colleges and universities are ready to provide support for the career of creators. For many students, this state of affairs can be a road to success and an opportunity to uncover their talents. As a rule, learners in areas such as computer science, graphic design, and computer engineering are more likely to start a career in this field.
Remember, efficient time management and proper tasks delegation will lead you to success. In order to improve in the chosen field, first take care of your academic life. Professionalism first! Dedicate your time and don’t bother with less critical tasks like that literature review that is due next week. There is always someone to write your essay, no matter the deadline. If you want to do your best in the field of game development, concentrate on it fully and don’t waste time on less important issues.
This article will cover courses, after which you will be able to master programming and game development from scratch!
C # Unity Game Development
Coursera provides this course with a length of 5 months (1 hour per day). The goal is mastering programming of Unity projects using the C # language. Students may have no experience in programming! It is enough to go through a series of video lectures, after which the basic concepts will be absolutely clear.
During the course you’ll get to know about:
- basics of the C # programming language and its use in Unity
- all the necessary tools and software for developing
- testing the prototype of the game with subsequent analysis of the study
After finishing the course, you will already create a working draft that can be demonstrated to real organizations for employment. An official certificate is also guaranteed.
Unreal Engine C ++
This Udemy development course lasts for 60 hours and is a consistent introduction to the fundamental concepts of the gaming industry. It also enables learning C++ from scratch. Students are provided with up to 340 lectures, ten articles, many downloadable resources in the public domain. It is worth noting the special attention is paid to sound effects and working with sounds overall.
The course covers the following items:
- getting to know Unreal Engine from scratch: working with the editor and interface
- learning AI and integrating it into your project to improve the result
- writing clean and readable code.
Unreal Engine Bootcamp
This course is provided by Digital Defynd resource and aims at exploring the Unreal Engine. This engine is one of the most popular solutions in the development of computer games in 2019. It covers the basics of C ++ and video game development.
During the course you’ll:
- work with Survival and Pinball
- create an environment for a realistic gaming experience
- get the knowledge of game packaging, creating and working with 3D objects and other additional topics that will be useful in developing
- cover additional instructions for configuration, unpacking, and installations.
The duration of this course is up to you. Classes are regularly updated to keep current materials.
С # Unity2D
A 62-hour course for 2D developers provided by Udemy will cover the basics of C # programming and using Unity to create unique projects. The study material is consistent and straightforward. At the end of the training, you will be able to develop a holistic order to be ready to move on to more serious projects. Also, this manual does not require any experience!
The course covers:
- basics of C # in developing video games with writing clear code
- studying the design and basics of development
- creating basic projects based on existing popular concepts.
The course contains hundreds of lectures, dozens of downloadable resources and articles. All this is freely available after the start of the course.
Game Design Course
Digital Defynd provides a holistic design course. Today, besides mechanics and gameplay, an essential part of the industry is writing the plot and history of the universe and characters. So if the aesthetic component is more appealing to you, this course is what you need.
You will consider all the necessary tools and software to create a unique design:
- exploring Stencyl
- basics of digital graphics, character design, writing stories, 3D modeling, and prototyping
- instructions for using useful tools when writing code
- AI implementation for the advanced gaming experience.
This course is continuously updated, and you decide when to master all the necessary information.
Education in this field can open the door to one of the most developed technological industries of the 21st century. The classes covered do not take much time and are taught within a flexible schedule. Thus, you can combine the courses with your current activities and gradually develop as a specialist!