The popularity of the video gaming market and businesses increases every day in modern life. Statistics of 2019 say that students would rather go to play video games instead of doing their homework.
Some games feature elements of violence, which is why they can influence student behavior even outside of class. Anger, depression, apathy, irritability, and lethargy often appear in the daily life of youth. However, some video games are educational. They help teachers to enhance the interaction in the class.
Mostly, video games distract students from the studying processes of visiting lectures, reading professional literature, and writing an essay for college. It is a common impression. Buy essay online, when you are scattered, to avoid mistakes.
Ninety-seven percent of the worlds’ young people play computer and video games. These figures provide a basis for the risk that entertainment develops into addiction. As known, any addiction is obstructing for personal development. So, how harmful are video games for the learning process of a student? Let’s consider both types of effects.
Gaming is a vastly growing industry that can open the career possibility for everyone. But the student has to choose between playing as a hobby or doing it professionally.
- If the path of professional gamer is not for you, be honest with yourself and work managing your time. Allow yourself no more than two hours a day to relax. This way, the breaks between studies will be productive. Then through alternating video games and learning activities, you can develop strong self-discipline skills.
- The content you choose to play can help to improve your knowledge of a discipline. For example, if it is a game based on your professional courses, such as biology, science, psychology, mathematics – you can use it for learning. For example, some teachers researched the effectiveness of a mobile game to create and grade assignments and used the same game in several of their courses. Some instructors designed games from scratch for students to use in the classroom.
- Also, you need to play games to test the software if you are studying IT and web development. A game needs programmers to develop it. So, to make a new game from scratch, you have to develop a plan on how to do this.
- If a person chose to play in the team, it is great to spend time with others who have similar interests and aspirations. The competitive gaming community rewards social competence and encourages gamers. This union is a way to make new friends. Video games can be perceived as a sport like chess or darts. The student will develop a new social circle and will be able to share passions with other people.
While the student’s studies in college are not connected to computer or video games, a student can still spend excessive amounts of time near the computer playing.
- Impulsive behavior and attention problems may appear after a long time spent in a virtual world. If a person prefers to play alone, it will lead to apathy and chronic fatigue.
- Too much playing of video games alone will make you socially isolated. You could forget about not only your homework but your friends and responsibilities as well.
- Playing video games enhances a student’s concentration. Computer and video games improve the ability to concentrate in short bursts but damage long-term concentration. As a result, games entail forgetfulness and don’t let the students manage their time. Judging by the results of most students’ needs, a successful learner needs more than 24 hours per day. For studying, meeting with friends and relatives, turning a penny, relaxation, and traveling, that amount of hours is not enough. You can keep the time as your central resource for achievement. If video games help you with it, why not?
Students’ lives are often about multi-tasking: many of them combine work and college, so it’s not easy to find free time for joy. If a person is focusing on their long-term period goals in life, they should know that studying is not an easy process. Young people should dedicate potentially a lot of hours to lessons. A degree can bring a lot of benefits in life. You can quickly achieve this if you are purposeful, and video games are the last thing that will keep you away from success.