Legends Ultimate home arcade firmware update 4.11.0 – Light gun support!
The newest weekly firmware for the incredibly versatile AtGames Legends Ultimate home arcade is now out. The big new feature this week is light gun support, specifically adding native configuration options for the popular AimTrak Light Gun, which also works out-of-the-box with PCs (Windows, Linux) and Sony’s PlayStation 2. While there are other light gun options, and surely more support from both AtGames and the community coming, right now, the AimTrak is the easiest option to get working.
What follows are the official release notes for this update:
- New Light Gun Calibration Setting, see details below.
- Note: light gun will take over P1 control when plugged in, disconnect it when not in use.
- To calibrate your light gun, please do the following:
- Connect the light gun to the ALU.
- Select “Light Gun Calibration” in Settings
- Follow the QR code to download the vendor’s utility and configure the light gun buttons (you will need to do this on a PC).
- Suggested button assignment in the utility:
- Reconnect the light gun to the ALU and follow the steps outlined on the ALU.
- Minor UI improvements.
- General performance and stability improvements.
- OTG mode may reverse the P1/P2 controls occasionally, reseat the USB cable should reorder the controls.
- Unable to change local video file for Attract Mode.
- Occasionally show multiple thumbnails for each add-on, reseat add-on USB will fix this.
- Background music may cause audio glitches on internal games. The workaround is to disable the music setting and power cycle.
- If the “BYOG™ Server Ready” notification comes on during attract mode playback, it will take ~15s to exit back to menu.
- The clock will reset after power cycles due to hardware limitations, but it will automatically sync to the internet when the ALU connects.
- Control Mirroring only applies to ALU controls, not external controllers.
- Some add-ons will not run after the system has been left running for a while. if this happens please try again after a power cycle.
- The left-most USB port will not read USB drives when in OTG mode.
- When external device fails to pair to the ALU in BT Device mode, please change to BT Host mode, disconnect the device, and try again.
- Data Manager will show a non-zero number after clean up due to internal data.
- OTG feature on Raspberry Pi was verified using the following images, other images/devices may require additional settings to work with the ALU.
- RP3B+: RetroPie v4.5.1
- RP4: Lakka v2.3.2
- Light gun support was verified using Ultimarc’s AimTrak Light Gun, other products may require additional settings to work with the ALU.