Legends Ultimate home arcade firmware 4.12.0 – Live Streaming now supported!
The weekly firmware update for the impressive AtGames Legends Ultimate home arcade is now out and it brings with it live streaming! Here are the key points in the update:
- Live-streaming is now available directly from the Legends Ultimate for all built-in games and add-ons! In phase 1 of this feature, game-streaming to YouTube and Twitch are supported.
- Both Bluetooth and OTG USB modes have been improved.
The update is available direct from the cabinet. For the full release notes, look here, and reproduced below:
Legends Ultimate 4.12.0 (Mar 25, 2020)
Note: If you are updating from our open beta firmware, please perform a Factory Reset before updating to this release. Steps for Factory Reset can be found here: https://arcades.atgames.net/faq/.
- Stream display on social media platforms, see details below.
- Revamped Bluetooth and OTG mode.
- Added “Leaderboard” option in filters.
- To use the Live Streaming feature
- Before you start, enter the streaming key and URL for your social media account here: https://www.atgames.net/arcadenet/my-account/profile.
- On the ALU, navigate to Settings / Live Streaming.
- Click on “Stream” button next to the streaming platform start streaming (you’ll be asked to complete step 1 if the URL and stream key are not set).
- Click on the “Stop” button to stop streaming.
- Fixed issue adding to local attract mode video.
- Enabled attract mode setting when not signed in.
- Fixed background audio compatibility issue.
- Enabled continuous scrolling in menu.
- Minor UI improvements.
- General performance and stability improvements.
- Occasionally show multiple thumbnails for each add-on, reseat add-on USB will fix this.
- If the “BYOG Server Ready” notification comes on during attract mode playback, it will take ~15s to exit back to menu.
- The clock will reset after power cycles due to hardware limitations, but it will automatically sync to the internet when the ALU connects.
- Control Mirroring only applies to ALU controls, not external controllers.
- Some add-ons will not run after the system has been left running for a while. if this happens please try again after a power cycle.
- The left-most USB port will not read USB drives when in OTG mode.
- When external devices fails to pair to the ALU in BT Device mode, please change to BT Host mode, disconnect the device, and try again.
- Data Manager will show a non-zero number after clean up due to internal data.
- OTG feature on Raspberry Pi was verified using the following images, other images/devices may require additional settings to work with the ALU.
– RP3B+: RetroPie v4.5.1
– RP4: Lakka v2.3.2
- Light gun support was verified using Ultimarc’s AimTrak Light Gun, other products may require additional settings to work with the ALU.
- Please disconnect light gun when not in use, as it takes over P1 control when plugged in.
- Live streaming feature will not stream external HDMI devices, only built-in features and add-ons are supported.