As part of our continuing coverage of gambling technology, we take a look at the past and present of playing slots.
Over recent years, slot machines have evolved to come in different shapes, sizes, and varieties. In the market today, you will find classical reel machines and the more recent themed video slots. However, despite all these differences, the basic concept of playing these games has remained unchanged. Whether you have chosen video or reel games, the experience is more or less the same. Each of these variations comes with different offers, and they largely depend on play preference. However, today I would like us to focus on betting on videogames.
How Everything Started
Ever since the slot machine was invented in the 19th century, it has come a long way to finally gave birth to the video slot gaming that revolutionizes the casino industry. The introduction of video slots meant that people for the first time would have the chance to play without having physical coins. This big stride in the world of gambling enabled the introduction of slots online, which meant that fans could play the game from the comfort of their homes.
Most of the modern games we play on today were invented in 1975 by a guy known as Walt Freely. The machine was first known as Fortune Coin, but it was met with a lot of opposition and skepticism. Not many casinos or gamblers were ready to embrace the revolutionary machine. However, this changed in the 1980s after the successful introduction of poker, which ended up becoming the most popular casino game.
Video Slots Today
As technology advanced over the years, so did videogames. In our present world, there are games of all sorts and variations. Many casinos have developed themed games that can have a storyline to follow or even tell a story. Online machines are equipped with excellent graphics, animations, and background music to make the gameplay even better. These developments amongst others have helped the advancement of slot games to become the most popular amongst gamblers.
Slot games may differ from the traditional machines, but the concept is more or less similar. There is a random number generator that is responsible for aligning symbols on the screens of these games. With excellent graphics, background music, and exciting themes, slots have taken over the gambling world.
Betting on VideoGames
When you bet on videogames or play the Wizard of Oz slot, you will have to wager the highest amount of coins required if you want to go home with a good payout. Why is this? Well, most slots require that players place a maximum bet for them to be eligible for the jackpot.
Reel Spinners will only come with a few reels that make the maximum bet small compared to video slot games. On the other hand, these games can have several paylines that can make the maximum bet required soar even to hundreds of coins.
It is also very important to note that the incentive to wager the maximum bet is not that rewarding. In fact, statistics show that the payback percentage is always the same whether you place the maximum bet or the minimum one.
Variations When Betting for Video Slots
Video slots come in several variations. The most notable variations range from the themes, pay lines allowed, and bonuses that the game provides. Nevertheless, the common thing with them is that they have random number generators, which are entirely responsible for the play. If you are looking for a slots videogame to play, look for the following features:
- Reels – The most common machines will have 5 or 3 reels.
- Rows – The number of rows will vary with the videogame you are playing.
- Paylines – Most games will have several pay lines for their players. Apart from the horizontal, traditional pay lines, other games will have play lines in the shape of a V.
- Progressive Jackpot – If you are playing a game with a progressive jackpot, it means that the value of the jackpot will increase after every game played. However, to participate, you will have to place the maximum bet.
Reel Slots vs. Video Slots
When choosing a game to play on, there are several things you need to take into consideration:
- The process of betting on games is just like that one for betting on reel slots. You just need to wager a bet, then spin. Random number generators are going to take care of the rest.
- No one should ever lie to you that you can influence the outcome of video slots. The winnings and losses are entirely random. One spin will not affect the following spin. It is purely all about luck.
- Maximum numbers of bets are not limited when it comes to video slots. However, on reel machines, you can use only a specific number of bets. Video slots will come with several bonuses and bonus features that are not common with reel machines.