In this latest entry in our ongoing series on gambling technology, we take a look at the evolution of the video game experience.
Since the mid-90’s for most of us, computers have taken over our lives. We use them every day and they have many purposes, including the facilitation of a certain job or recreational role. Technology continuously evolves and brings innovations designed to amplify our comfort.
Even though we encounter computing and engineering every step, we rarely wonder how or where the beginning was. That is the case of video games. Nowadays children only take full advantage of the technological progress, without questioning the evolution.
First Video Games
If we saw a video game from 50 years ago or more, we would most probably think it is anything but a computer game. The first acknowledged video game was invented in 1947 and consisted of a basic radar display technology wired to a screen. Other popular early forms of computer games included the following names:
- The Nimrod, which allowed people to play Nim, a strategy game, against a form of artificial intelligence;
- Tennis for Two, which was the first sport video game available on the market; its technology incorporated an oscilloscope;
- Spacewar!, a video game invented by the researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which was the precursor of spaceship battle games;
- Pong, the first table tennis arcade game featuring bidimensional graphics; it could be played by two people; and
- Space Invaders, a shooting arcade game that opened the path for the golden era of video games;
First Video Slot Machines
Since then, the technological evolution only increased. In both land-based casinos and online gambling websites you can find the video game technology in the following categories of games:
In the last quarter of the 20th century, video games met a boom and became widely available around the world. The early forms of the well-known game consoles were created, and video technology made its way
- Slot Machines;
- Table Games; and
- Scratch Cards.
Nowadays, gamblers tend to migrate to online casinos due to the advantages they provide them with, the most significant one being comfort. Moreover, online casinos usually benefit from a larger collection of casino games, including more video slot machines and table games. There is no need to worry about the casino’s accuracy, because online casinos spoil gamblers with an enhanced adventure. What is the greatest feature of this type of casino? For both new players and experienced gamblers who want to spice their experience up, no deposit bonuses are the solution, because they can try games without depositing money in their bankroll.
Either if you choose a land-based casino or an online one, make sure that you choose the one that meets all your requirements and start having fun!