The Nintendo Switch is a fantastic hybrid game machine. It’s an amazing portable and a solid console. Unfortunately, one downside of its portability is its relatively weak battery life of 2.5 – 6 hours, and usually on the lower end of that scale.
Fortunately, there’s a product like Antank’s Nintendo Switch Battery Case to help solve the problem of having enough power for extended game sessions away from a charger or dock. Weighing just 8 ounces, the
Included in the package
Aesthetically, the all-black, slightly rubbery battery case looks and feels nice enough, although a little bit of the finish on my particular unit did rub off on the rear two slot game card holder compartment. There’s a reasonable balance to the
Although the 6500mAh (32.5Wh) battery is said to charge the Switch more than once, in my testing, with active play while running the battery, I was “only” able to add 100% more time to my play session for an effective 1x additional charge. That’s still double the normal battery life versus without use of the battery pack, and you can always charge the battery and use it at the same time should a USB-C cable and suitable power source be available. It’s far less picky than the Switch itself is with how it’s charged.
If you’re looking to extend the battery life of your Switch, then the
- Extremely easy to snap into place and remove
- Has a USB-C port for charging, same as the Switch
- Looks and feels good, with nice design features
- Adds at least 100% battery life to the Switch
- Despite being well-balanced, it does add noticeable weight to the Switch
- Gets slightly warm when on
- Some of the finish wore off on the built-in dual game card holder