Poker has become a hugely popular card game that is now played by millions of people all over the globe.
There is no denying the huge appeal of this game, but how does video poker add to it with a faster and simpler version of poker?
Easy to Get Started With
Maybe you are keen to start playing poker but aren’t sure how easy it will be for you to learn the rules and strategies you need to begin comfortably. Video poker is a great alternative, as it is a simpler way of playing that is set up something like a slot machine.
Instead of playing against a human, you simply hit the start button to receive a hand of cards. The aim is to create a winning hand, to earn one of the prizes shown on the paytable. There is no need to try and beat another hard to try to guess what other players might have.
Therefore, all you really need to understand is what cards you need to complete one of these winning hands. You can then decide which cards to hold onto if you don’t get a winning hand right away and need to ask for some of the cards to be exchanged for others.
Fast and Entertaining
The gameplay we have just looked at shows us how this is a game and highly entertaining type of casino game. It retains some of the best elements of poker but speeds up the action as well as making it easier for newcomers to get started, giving a slick experience that suits many people who haven’t got the time to study poker rules and strategies.
It could also appeal to an experienced player who likes the thought of getting through a lot of games in little time. For example, if you are in a hurry, you might prefer to play a few games of video poker in the same time it would take you to play a single hand of traditional poker.
There is no waiting around for things to happen in this version of poker, as you get to see the results of your hand immediately. This means that you will probably place more wagers than in traditional poker, so having a good bankroll management strategy in place will help you to manage your funds wisely.
Look for Big Prizes
As mentioned earlier, you will see a selection of prizes in the paytable, which is usually shown above the cards or at the side of the screen. These follow the format of conventional poker hand ranking, with the strongest hands like a royal flush or straight flush giving the biggest wins.
Smaller wins can come from hands such as jacks or better, or two pairs. The payouts and the types of hands that win you prizes vary from one game to the next, so it is always a good idea to take a look at the paytable to work this out before starting.
If there is a jackpot to be won, this can be picked up in different ways. For instance, you might need to get a royal flush on the maximum bet level, or you might need a full house plus a bonus card to trigger this payout. The paytable will tell you how you can win the jackpot.
Lots of Different Versions
Another big advantage of this online card game is that it comes in a wide variety of versions. From Jacks Or Better to Joker Poker, Deuces Wild, and so on.
While the gameplay is essentially the same in these games, you will notice differences such as the payout levels and the bonuses on offer. You can find a website for playing video poker online here.
A good example comes with Double Bonus Poker, where you can get bigger payouts for specific 4 of kind hands with a certain kicker. Differences like this help to keep the action fresh and interesting if you decide to switch between games during a session.
A High RTP
Finally, you will notice that all online casino games mention their RTP. This is the return to player, and we can look on it as being a different way of looking at the house edge. A 99% RTP means that the casino will expect to return 99% of the amount wagered by players, leaving the game with a modest 1% house edge.
Video poker games tend to be among the titles with the highest RTP percentages, meaning that you can hope to win fairly regularly on them. This should help you to play for longer, even if you start with a fairly limited playing budget. It is also worth noting that you can play with small wager amounts, which should you to keep playing for longer if that is your aim. A wide range of staking options is available, meaning that you can choose exactly how you want to play based on your personality and preferred approach