SSN (social security number) is a nine-digit unique identifier that all working United State residents must possess. Due to American money laundering laws, all cash-heavy businesses must report transactions over $5,000 to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), regardless of the nationality or citizenship status of the person making such a transfer. That means anyone depositing $5,000 or more at a retail or online sportsbook based in the USA has to supply their SSN to his chosen gambling operator.
It is impossible to evade this reporting requirement by dividing transactions into multiple segments of a few thousand, as that constitutes a violation of Federal law. Moreover, sportsbooks and casinos ask patrons for an SSN when players/bettors request a line of credit. They win $600 or more, which must get reported as income on a 1099 tax form, or operators opt to do this for marketing and tracking purposes.
But there is no reason to fret, as nowadays, anyone can bet online without a social security number at high-end offshore internet sportsbooks with years of experience in the gambling sphere. Most of these sites have been around for more than two decades, and they are regulated by top international overseers, implementing many of the same security measures as their US counterparts.
Below, we explain how anyone curious about utilizing no-SSN online gambling apps can get started with these remote sportsbooks/casinos.
How to Bet Without an SSN
Any gambler should follow the steps laid out in this subheading to begin their no-SSN wagering adventure correctly:
- Pick a Reputable Sportsbook – One with at least a couple of years of activity in this sphere regulated by a recognizable licensing/overseeing body that online bettors respect.
- Create an Account – Remember, a no-SSN site will not ask you to input your social security number upon registration. But it can require that you enter accurate personal information when you sign up.
- Deposit – With a created account, the subsequent mandatory step to beginning wagering of sporting events is to fuel a betting account with gambling funds. Online sportsbook users can do so by navigating to the cashier tab at their chosen app and picking their preferred payment method and desired deposit sum.
- Claim a Bonus – Most, if not all, prestigious sportsbook platforms offer an initial welcome bonus and subsequent ones for existing players. They may come with a promo code and will have various stipulations attached. Depending on the severity of the latter, their appeal will get dramatically impacted.
- Bet – After completing the registration process, depositing funds, and snagging a bonus, it is time to select a wagering market and lay some money down on it, hoping to multiply this amount several times.
Top No-SSN Sportsbooks
The list of sites that do not require an SSN for gambling is not scarce. In truth, it is somewhat extensive. Of course, not all of these platforms are of equal quality. The ones that all experts agree that they state stand out from the pack by a wide margin are:
- BetUS – According to many, this is the internet’s best sportsbook hub and one of its earliest, getting up and running in 1994. It supplies a generous 125% up to $3,125 sign-up package and delivers seamless wagering software, a robust loyalty program for regular gamblers, competitive odds, and premium customer support.
- Bovada – For more than two decades, Bovada, based out of Costa Rica, has successfully enticed hundreds of thousands of American bettors to join its ranks. It does so now via a welcome promo that can give away up to $250 thanks to a 50% deposit match. The chief reasons why this platform has such an extensive user pool are it features in-game props, markets on all US-based events, and has super soft odds.
- MyBookie – Here is a Curacao-headquartered website with higher betting limits than the two previously mentioned platforms. It boasts a smooth interface for a hassle-free wagering experience and lists a 100% up to $1,000 bonus for new users.
How to Choose the Best No-SSN Gambling Site
Everyone has their taste and prioritizes different things regarding gambling site selection. Nevertheless, no bettor should opt to use an online sportsbook without first checking to see the reputation their considered app boasts with previous and existing users. On top of this, any high-end pick should list a solid welcome bonus paired with lucrative mainstay promos, feature competitive odds, and have fast payout speeds.
Making withdrawals swift and stress-free is often a highly underrated aspect of the internet betting experience. If a platform can facilitate quick payment processing, not bottling up this procedure with stringent identity verification, that will increase its attractiveness level in the eyes of most potential users. Having someone on standby 24/7 to help also goes a long way in the appeal department.
This article was written in collaboration with NFL gambling experts.