Cloanto Releases Amiga Forever and C64 Forever 2016!
Here are the new features in Amiga Forever:
- New user interface with gorgeous high-DPI display features (“retina”/4K density and beyond, multi-monitor)
- Ability to merge Amiga and 8-bit CBM content in single player (if both Amiga Forever and C64 Forever are installed)
- PowerPC emulation support, including 1+ GB of RAM, PCI bridge, preset devices with native AmigaOS 4.1 FE driver support, and more
- A wealth of new content configuration and authoring features (right-click a title and select Edit)
- Enhanced Amiga serial port, MIDI and printer support
- New Amiga devices for storage, graphics, sound and networking
- New Shared folder to exchange data between different Amiga configurations and the host system
- New AmiKit, AROS, ROMs, and more
And here’s the change log for the new features in C64 Forever:
- New player interface, with gorgeous support for high-DPI displays
- Can now access CBM 8-bit and Amiga platforms in the same player if both C64 Forever and Amiga Forever are installed
- New title authoring (right-click and Edit) features. Numerous other enhancements
- Passed official Windows 10 tests
The full press release:
Cloanto Releases Amiga Forever and C64 Forever 2016
November 28, 2015 – Cloanto released today Amiga Forever 2016 and C64 Forever 2016, the latest versions of the official Commodore/Amiga preservation, emulation and support suites for Windows.
With their gorgeous high-DPI display support and seamlessly integrated 8-bit, 68K and PowerPC virtualization, the 2016 editions blend stunning contrasts of different eras of computing into a powerful player and content authoring interface.
“After almost two years of hard teamwork since the 2014 versions were relased, it may seem like the focus is entirely on the products. To some degree, this is true,” said Cloanto’s Mike Battilana. “We are a bit obsessive about software quality. But we also feel the burden of other challenges. For example, a belief in quality and innovation is easy to put into practice by releasing great products, but how can you manifest and be entrusted with a vision of ultimate long-term care?”
“As the holders of the Commodore/Amiga copyrights our goal is both ’emulation done right’ and ‘preservation done right’. This is a long path, which is made possible by the support of our generous customers and contributors. So once again my thankful thoughts go to our community. These 2016 software releases are by them, for them, and they allow us to keep working in this direction.”
Amiga Forever 2016 is available now in three editions:
- Value Edition (downloadable installer)
- Plus Edition (downloadable installer with option to build DVD ISO image)
- Premium Edition (downloadable Plus Edition plus boxed software and additional videos on 3 DVDs)
C64 Forever 2016 is available now in three editions:
- Free Express Edition (feature-limited version)
- Downloadable Plus Edition (downloadable installer with option to build CD ISO image)
- Boxed Plus Edition (downloadable Plus Edition plus boxed CD)
Both packages recognize and work with each other, for example if the user wishes to merge the different platforms into the same interface. Prices start from $9.95 (Value Edition, or special upgrade offers).