Legends Ultimate full-size home arcade firmware version 4.0.0 (Jan 1, 2020) released. Bluetooth and more!
Another week, a new year, and a new decade, and AtGames has released yet another update for the versatile, full-size Legends Ultimate connected home arcade machine. This one provides the eagerly awaited Bluetooth support, which was previously only available in a separate beta track. Per usual, the update is available directly from settings.
Note that to re-enable local trackball and spinner functionality, you must change the Bluetooth setting from BLUETOOTH DEVICE to BLUETOOTH HOST. This need for a workaround will be addressed in a future update.
For those still looking for their own machine, which is presently sold out, note that more units are expected to be released soon. More details to follow from official sources.
Legends Ultimate 4.0.0 (Jan 1, 2020)
Note: If you are updating from our open beta firmware, please perform a Factory Reset before updating to this release. Steps for Factory Reset can be found here: https://arcades.atgames.net/faq/ .
- Enabled Bluetooth, see details below.
- Updated Leader Board to only rank scores achieved using zero rewind.
- Moved 4-way/8-way joystick settings from global settings to in-game menu
- Corrected some game descriptions
- Enabled the following Bluetooth modes (please perform a power cycle after this firmware update before trying this feature)
- Host mode: for Arcade to connect Bluetooth devices. (Bluetooth audio not supported at this time)
- Device mode: for Raspberry Pi support (pairing steps)
- Enabled APL pairing process to be interrupted.
- Minor UI improvements.
- General performance and stability improvements.
- When BT Host mode is unable to discover devices, please toggle to BT Device mode and back to Host mode before trying again.
When the ALU reads the add-on files, it extracts the boxarts and caches them locally in order to display them on the UI. This uses system storage, so when the size of the total boxarts gets too big, the ALU runs out of system storage. We’ve made the following changes to address this since v3.0.18.
- Added popup message when system storage runs low (< 30M), the ALU also stops loading additional UCE files when this happens (user will see a partial list of add-ons).
- Removing add-on USB will clear the cached boxarts.
- In the unlikely case when the system storage runs low, power cycle the unit to reclaim space.