Who is the inscriber, his role, and profession change in the Dragonflight update for World of Warcraft?
If before the key and current Dragonflight update, many players were not at all interested in the profession system and the collection of resources, then with the release and patches the situation has changed.
All due to the fact that Blizzard developers radically reworked the item production system and the value of professions due to the mechanics of the order table, a new interface, special characteristics and equipment that were not previously in the WoW universe.
Roughly speaking, if earlier you received gold by hunting, raiding, grinding and selling all unnecessary items, or buying WoW gold, now you can simply fulfill the orders of other players on the Dragon Islands and earn gold simply by implementing your skills, without even leaving the peaceful zone.
What is the profession of the Inscriber in World of Warcraft?
An inscriber is a specialist in working with tools and various types of records for future production and the creation of new items, as well as the manufacture of staves for magical classes.
The general trend of professions and the inscriber, including, received new mechanics in the form of specializations and crafting equipment.
Specialization begins its development upon arrival on the Dragon Islands after level 60 and allows you to choose certain directions for the development of the profession and achieve great success as an individual master. In the future, you will have the opportunity to develop all areas of specialization, but at the initial level, you need to choose a really specialized one that is convenient for you and more to your liking – for example, the creation of staves.
As for the equipment, now all the resource gathering or crafting masters can use special equipment that increases the main characteristics that directly affect the quality, quantity and speed of work in their craft.
Developers from Blizzard have diversified the system for creating special equipment, so you can create only a part of the valuable elements yourself, the rest of the fragments you will either have to buy or order production on the order table to get high quality items. But other representatives of the professions will also need the tools of your profile, so you will not be left without a job.
When you have in your inventory any equipment that enhances the production process, gives a chance to get a better, or faster result – it will automatically be equipped on your hero and removed when the process is completed.
What race should I choose for the Inscription profession and is it worth it?
Each race has special properties and bonuses that can affect the quality of specific activities and mechanics.
You can choose a race for a specific task to gain a slight advantage over other players and artisans.
Is it worth it? Everyone decides for himself, but you must understand that World of Warcraft is valuable and known for its various mechanics and capabilities, and if you take a race and a class for a certain activity, then you can always have a moment that you simply stopped doing a profession or other activity and the previously selected bonuses will become useless to you.
For the horde, this is the Nightborne, they have a passive talent that gives +5 to the skill of the inscription.
For the alliance, these are the Kul Tirans, a race that has an innate skill of +2 to all types of craft.
General changes to the interface for creating items and resources for professions Inscription and other crafts
Starting with the Dragonflight update, Blizzard developers have changed the overall look of the interface and the general functionality and a lot of tips and animations to make it easier to use and quickly understand the basic principle of crafting certain items.
- When you study a recipe or inspect an item, when you hover over individual resources, you can get tooltips about how to get, or other variations of production, including purchases.
- Now, each material that is somehow related to the production of the final item has its own indicator of value and rarity. The more high-quality and expensive resource you can provide for the production process, the higher the chance to create a truly valuable item in the end.
- Every time you create any item from your craft list for the first time, you will receive a special reagent and knowledge points. They can be used to develop specialization. The entire list of potential items that can be crafted can also be found on the interface panel.
- To explore all potential specializations, and choose the first one for quick study due to the rather easy way to get knowledge points for the first branch of specialization, you just need to open the corresponding interface page.
Characteristics of the Inscriber Profession
Now each artisan has general parameters for professions, and they are comparable to the combat characteristics of the characters in terms of efficiency and influence on the overall success of everything related to the craft.
Let’s consider the main ones:
- Overproduction is a parameter that affects the number of items that you can get for your efforts beyond measure, in addition to those that were originally included in the recipe. For example, two staffs of the same quality, instead of one.
- Resourcefulness – allows you to create an item and spend much less resources on its production than was originally indicated in the recipe.
- Inspiration – each master of the creating profession has a skill indicator that affects the likelihood of creating a true masterpiece item. The Inspiration parameter allows a one-time increase in the Mastery score and allows the player to obtain a more valuable item than was planned, or was originally possible
- Speed – affects the rate of processing resources and the manufacture of items. From the first point of view, this is the least significant parameter that should be developed last, but if you work with a large number of items, then speed will play a key role, saving you not just minutes, but whole hours.
If any of the bonuses is triggered, you will receive an audio and visual notification, as well as a corresponding designation in the history of created things and objects.
It is best if you manage to bring your resourcefulness and inspiration to a high level, as this will allow you to save resources, which means creating more items and increasing the average quality of your products, which will bring you more gold.
If you are exclusively engaged in the creation of Fateful cards, then pay attention to the overproduction option, which will allow you to create more cards without spending a lot of resources, which are quite valuable and difficult to mine, but profitable to implement.
Do not forget that all characteristics are important to you, it’s just that their priority is completely different and you yourself decide which group of resources and items you will produce and focus on them in terms of characteristics.