There are dozens, if not hundreds, of Bluetooth speaker options. As a result, it can be hard to distinguish one such product from the other. Sentey is one company, however, that has done a great job at differentiation with their B-Trek S2 (LS-4060). Three of this Bluetooth speaker’s most notable differentiators are its diminutive size, incredible retail price, and surprisingly broad range of features.
- Rechargable and removable lithium ion battery
- Built-in microphone for handsfree functionality (speakerphone) with a mobile phone
- Audio line in with 3.5mm connector (cable included) for when Bluetooth connectivity is not possible
- FM radio functionality
- Four control buttons right on the unit, including for volume and next/previous audio track
- MicroSD card slot, which means it can also work as a stand-alone media player
As is usual with Sentey products, the overall quality of the B-Trek S2, from its packaging to the unit itself, is top notch. When paired with that Amazon price of $10.99, it’s an unquestionable steal of a deal.
The package contents include the Bluetooth speaker itself, a 3.5mm audio cable, a MicroUSB cable (both for charging and improving the internal antenna’s FM radio reception), a wrist strap, and a user manual. Despite fitting comfortably in the palm of your hand, the speaker’s removable, rechargeable battery lasts for up to six hours on a full charge.
The only area where the B-Trek S2 stumbles a bit is no surprise: it’s sound quality. There’s really no way for a palm-sized speaker to fill a room with bass shaking audio and this one is no exception. While music sounds a bit “hollow,” the audio quality, and in particular the “loudness,” still far exceed what you’d get out of most built-in phone speakers and the small size does make it easy to carry places where something larger simply wouldn’t be practical.
Special thanks to Sentey for the review unit.